Mar 2, 2009

Trying to do the best thing!

So my sweet girl gets to start school this next school yr. I have been looking at the schools around and was a little nervous when I found out that Ella was going to be in a K-8th grade school. She is already intimidated by the idea. So I found this charter school it is like a private school that is funded by the government but they have free range over what they do. To get her in we have to donate 40 hrs (or donate stuff) to the school. They want the parents to be super involved...I think that is great!

O this is a link to the school I have been looking into for Ella. For those of you who have kids in school this may be something to look into. The one thing that may be weird is kindergarten is full time same as all the other grades. They only let 21 kids in the class how ever they can have less last yr it was 7 kids. They have more one on one time with the teacher that way. the Benefits of the school is looking good. I am really excited about it for her...she will have to wear a little uniform I am not sure what she will think of that...


4 comments:

Shanda said...

we have a charter school here and a lot of kids in my ward go there. It is just really hard to get into. Its like a lottery luck of the draw thing. The kids that go there are really smart you can tell its a good school I think you should do it.

my--four--sons said...

I think it is a great Idea. I looked into getting my kids into one right by my house but it is a 2 year wait if your lucky. Charter schools are the new great thing here in Utah. They are popping up everywhere.

As far as the uniform goes I think she will like it. Besides if she starts wearing a uniform from day one of her schooling it will be a normal thing to her.

Sara said...

I had Jaylin on a waiting list for a Charter school here in San Jose, but she never even got into the preschool. My friends that got into the preschool portion are not guaranteed a spot in Kinder. ALSO, older siblings already enrolled don't mean the younger sibling will get in. It’s still a lottery. BUMMER! I wish there were more here.

The school down the street from us is k-6 and Kinder is full time. I hope Jaylin does ok with that. But the district is good and there are kids from our ward attending, so that makes me feel better.

Can you beleive our little girls are going to be in Kindergarten???

Ceri said...

Wow, time goes by really fast. I hope you can get sorted whatever you feel best about.

I love your blog background, by the way!