Aug 6, 2008

Brandons Really bad day

Brandon had a bad day on Monday!
It started off with mom giving him a hair cut...A short one...He didn't like that to much. All that sitting still and mom playing with his hair just wasn't fun he cried and wiggled and was not amused! He look like a little man when we were done...I just hope his curls aren't gone for good!
Next after a shower and a cute outfit we went to the Dr office for my 18 month check up. Yup I am getting big! The Dr said that I was super bruised and that she was worried that I might have a low white blood count...she hasn't seen me in action! I am a dare devil! How ever she ordered blood work cuz mom said it is better to be safe than sorry!
I was not amused at what happened next. They took me to another building and I wanted to run and play. I ran back and forth until they called my name and we went back to this little room and a lady told mom that I needed 3 shots...that doesn't sound to bad right. WRONGO...they weren't fun at all and the lady poked my legs 3 times...my dad held me down and I just cried. When it was over I found mom and told her how mean dad was...she understood! She hugged me and we went for a walk through all the big buildings and I got to run!
Next we went to this other building and (I was done with them hurting me) so I ran and played a little while later they called my name AGSAIN...so went to see what they wanted. These two ladies were talking to me and telling me how cute I am then I saw it another poky thing and I let them know I was Not letting that happen again. I put out my biggest pout face and let the the biggest tears I could roll down my face. This lady was far worse that the first one she stuck it in and started to dig around in my arm and I HATED it!
When IT was all over and on the way out of the buildings I ripped off every band aid and tape they put one me...That way they would know I didn't like it at all. I told my mom again that my daddy let them hurt me and she hugged me and then I told dad that I still loved him but that I wanted mom!
After that I got to take a nap and play at the store...mom even gave me some yummy snacks. After that I was ok. But I don't want to do that again!

4 comments:

Ceri said...

Poor kid! Peter was meant to have a vacination at something like 13 months I think, but I never managed to make the appointment, so now at two years old I guess he's going to have to have it before we move. At this age, when he knows what's happening and remembers so clearly for so long, but won't be able to understand why, this is NOT going to be fun! I also just got the appointment for Peter's two year check next Thursday, but I think it should be pleasant, at least I'm hoping so. It's more health visitors than doctors I think, and luckily our health visitor is super nice, in fact the only one I've ever really trusted!

Give Brandon some extra big hugs - he deserves them! He does look like a big boy too doesn't he with his haircut. I hope the curls come back too. :o)

my--four--sons said...

Ahhhh!!! Poor baby :( I even shed a tear for that one.

Shanda said...

I like the hair cut! I hate the shots.

Sara said...

What a handsome boy. He looks like a little man now. Holy crow, he is so stinkin cute!!!

Curls are fun, but wow, he can pull off the short hair cut too. :)

What a day buddy! I am so sorry you had to get shots, but they are for your good. We don't want sick little boys. I love that you are strong enough to pull ff your band-aids in protest. That justs shows mom and dad what they are looking forward to when you get even bigger. ;)