Apr 23, 2009

new experiance!!!

so I have been Helping my brothers girlfriend with making aprons for her work. We made this one yesterday and it was fairly easy...we had a pattern that ended up being so simple and east to make. I loved it!
This one I had to make my own pattern and make it by trial and error and it took forever. I made two of this style before we bought a pattern. But I would have to say that it took me out of my comfort zone. I learned so my much more by doing this one and it got so much more confident with my sewing and by the time I got to the patterned apron I didn't think twice about the parts that would normally intimidate me!!!

Thanks Jen for letting me help you it has been super fun and thanks for trusting me!


7 comments:

Sara said...

Those are awesome!!!! You could sell them on ETSY.
Your talents are never ending Debbie. :)

Deb Williams said...

WEll thanks for the self esteem boost there Sara...but I don't feel crafty or talented but I keep trying!!!

Shanda said...

I like them both!! Good job! I like the colors in the first one.

Ceri said...

Great job! It's great you got to push yourself like that and feel all the more able for it. :o)

I especially like the first one - I prefer simple and I like the colours too.

I'd love to make some of those with my Young Women. Are they hard? We've been doing bits of sewing and some of them especially want to do more.

Ceri said...

Not feel talented or crafty?!
You are an inspiration in both!
You're talents are super Deb, and you're expanding them too! :O)

Deb Williams said...

yes ceri it is easy...wish I could come help you too...wouldnt it be nice if all it took was me needing an excuse to come...I wish money was no issue!!!
I can send you the pettern you cut out 6 pieces is all. If you need help with the launguage I can alway call you!!!
let me know if you want me to send it to you!!!

Ceri said...

Hey, I'd love the pattern - thanks!
That would be great, and I bet my girls (as well as the young women) would love to make one of their own too, choosing their own colours. Rachel and Hannah love to sew.

Thanks!