Apr 1, 2009

the funeral...

I would have to say that that was the most Different...(that is the nice way to say it!) funeral I have gone to. I was use to us going in and talking about nice thing and memories a few songs and maybe a chance to say good bye till we meet again kind of things.

NOPE!!! Not this one. every one just socialized with each other and ate. They would run into her sons ( my hubby and Tyler) and ask them how they were but...that was it. It was in the gym at the church with tables set up. there was a table with pictures on it ( the body wasn't ready yet).

I felt so out of my element there. But my Husband and her son thought it was great....and that is what she would have wanted...but part of me wondered if they were afraid of getting up to talk! Let just say that neither one of them are super out going! The thought of getting up to talk was scary to them both...so there you go. We ended up talking every thing down ourselves because the ward was not really there to help...nor did they sound like they wanted too. I felt like that ward dropped the ball on a missionary experience with half of the people who were there and I was disappointed. But one lone visiting teach stepped up and did what she could and worked her tail off and I was way impressed with her! She really went above and beyond!!!

By this time it was about 6:30 that night and Ella informed us that she was going home with Tyler to play with there daughter Peri. Can I say that was a weird feeling for me. She doesn't often leave me and when she does it is with people I feel are as close or are my family. Now I know it is Josh's brother but we haven't spent a whole lot of time together and it was just weird. Not to mention I wasn't For sure that they wanted to take her. So we stuck around the area and went for a drive so that we would be close when it was time to pick her up.

We found ourselves in a familiar place...and decided to drop by where we use to live in Sandy. we ran into one of the Burnett kids ( Candice) and chatted for a few hours. Then Tara came over for a few Min's while I hugged their new baby for a few Min's and then it was time to go.

that was the end of the LONGEST day ever...but I feel that the funeral lacked that one thing that people go to funerals for....letting go and I think that my hubby and brother in law didn't get to just have a good cry!!!!!

1 comments:

Sara said...

I hope that Josh does get the chance to really say good-bye ( if he feels he hasn't really been able to already.) What a tough experience.